What is a Blog?
The term “blog” comes from combining the words “web” and “log”. The techo-geeks that created the first “web logs” coined the term “weblog”, which ultimately evolved into the term “blog”.
A blog can be used for a wide range of purposes:
- To build brand awareness for a person, product, service, or company.
- To enhance company’s overall customer service and interaction with clients and customers.
- To offer a forum for providing technical support.
- To educate customers about the company, its products, and/or its services.
- As a powerful marketing, promotional, or public relations tool.
- To showcase and compare a especific product with competing products.
It all starts with a great idea
A successful blog must have four main features:
- A steady stream of original, interesting, informative, engaging, and/or entertaining content.
- A large and ever-growing audience.
- One or more reliable revenue sources.
- It should be synergistic with all of your other online activities, including what you do via your website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, and/or YouTube channel.
Choosing a Profitable Topic
You must consider public interest, your knowledge of the topic, its longevity, and the audience’s interest in it. It’s also important to look at your competition and develop a way to deliver content that’s different, better, amb more engaging that you competition.
- Who’s the audience for the topic?
- Does the topic have long-term appeal?
- How large is the target audience for the topic?
- How much competition is there based on your topic?
- What will you do differently to make your content more appealing, engaging, entertaining, or interactive?
“Be ambitious. Be creative. Be innovative. But, most important, be you!”